Skip to main content

My Tools

Well, I love to download and try new tools from the web. I'm starting to discover a whole new realm of nice, geeky tools to use that I always wanted, but thought I could never have.

Take del.icio.us . . . it's a way to keep my bookmarks all online. So, if I'm ever fired or my computer blows up in my face, I still have all my bookmarks safe on del.icio.us. In addition, you can look through the "popular" section of del.icio.us and find other people's useful bookmarks, like . . .

GCalendar . . . of course, I love Google's tools and why not use Google's Calendar? Still in beta, but a very useful, online AJAX calendar, GCalendar lets you easily add calendar events.

Gmail . . . see my previous post.

CoolRunning.com . . . yes, I'm a runner, and if you're looking for a GREAT tool to keep an online running log, this is the place to go. It's got everything you would want in a running log, including what the weather was like when you ran, what shoes you wore, and comments on the run. It also automatically calculates your pace after entering your distance and time. Plus, you can save and add shoes, frequent runs, and types of runs (race, training run, etc).

Snapfish.com . . . of course, most of you know about the online photo albums, and this is my favorite. I really like the interface and the ease of use. Photography is a great hobby of mine and I really enjoy how easy it is to upload and view my photos online. However, if you're a desktop user . . .

Picasa . . . another one of Google's many, many excellent tools, this picture editor automatically indexes every picture, which makes it easy to find any picture on your hard drive. Also, it's very easy to print, upload, and save pictures. Editing a picture won't change the original either. It will save it as another picture, in case you mess up. And finally, if you like to keep your photos online and want to be able to download them for free . . .

Bubbleshare . . . nice easy-to-use AJAX application for uploading, storing, editing, and downloading photos. Plus, you can share albums with your friends, family, etc. online.

Gaim . . . the easiest way to bring all your instant messaging accounts into one tool. Or even to use one instant messaging account (which is basically what I do).






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rumblings from the belly . . .

No, it's not hunger. It's not a stomach ache. It's a fully grown baby in there. My wife is now close to the six-month mark, and her stomach is doing flip-turns and soccer kicks every time she eats ice cream (the baby is his/her father's son/daughter). The baby started moving right around 21 weeks, and he/she hasn't stopped. It's unbelievably surreal, yet there is a living human being moving around inside my wife right now. Our entertainment for the evening is watching her belly pop, shake, and roll. Yes roll. One of the baby's extremities pokes out and rolls right across the stomach. It's quite exciting to see the baby move right before our very eyes. This makes it real (not that it hasn't been real). This makes it a baby. This makes it a life. The baby hasn't made me nervous yet even though I do worry a bit about Angela. It's just my nature. She's my wife and I want to take good care of her. The rumblings make it exciting

Marriage

My wife . . . Angela. I'm extremely happy to say that. Marriage is a huge step in life, but I'm loving every minute of it. I knew that I was going to be nervous, but I also knew I was making the right decision. I met the love of my life in an instant . . . that's always the way it seems to happen. And I'm glad I met her. She has taught me so much, especially how to love with your entire heart unconditionally. No matter what's going on in your life. And as you should know, marriage is all about compromise. Always meet halfway, or sacrifice one thing for another.

Already a football fan . . .

Well, how about that? My little one is already a football fan . . . he/she knows how to do the Wave. No joke. Just watch my wife's belly and you'll see for sure. One minute her belly is a nice, round pregnant-like shape, and the next thing you know you see a hand/foot/elbow/knee poke through and move fluidly from one side my wife to another. He/she is pretty packed in there. I can't wait to meet my child. Wondering what he/she will look like. I'll find out in no time. Only 6 more weeks to go (give or take a week or two)!