Skip to main content

Baby On Board . . .


Everyone probably remembers this best from the GREAT novelty items you could stick on your car's window to let everyone know that you have a kid. Well, I remember it best from a great "Simpsons" episode where Homer started a Barbershop Quartet to make a little extra money. A nice Beatle-esque twist to it as well.

Anyway, in less than 6 months, I am going to be a Dad! I am so excited and look forward to the adventures in front of me. It's going to be quite the wild ride, but I think my wife and I can handle it. So far, we're doing pretty well with the pregnancy. Today, we just got finished with her 13-week appointment, and got to see what you're seeing here. The kid did what I like to call the "Wadsworth Roll" while we were viewing the screen. It's as if he/she knew we were there and rolled over to take a look at us. He/she even wiggled the arm. It was an amazing site. One that you never know until you actually experience it. There is a living person moving, growing, and rolling around in my wife right now. Unbelievable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rumblings from the belly . . .

No, it's not hunger. It's not a stomach ache. It's a fully grown baby in there. My wife is now close to the six-month mark, and her stomach is doing flip-turns and soccer kicks every time she eats ice cream (the baby is his/her father's son/daughter). The baby started moving right around 21 weeks, and he/she hasn't stopped. It's unbelievably surreal, yet there is a living human being moving around inside my wife right now. Our entertainment for the evening is watching her belly pop, shake, and roll. Yes roll. One of the baby's extremities pokes out and rolls right across the stomach. It's quite exciting to see the baby move right before our very eyes. This makes it real (not that it hasn't been real). This makes it a baby. This makes it a life. The baby hasn't made me nervous yet even though I do worry a bit about Angela. It's just my nature. She's my wife and I want to take good care of her. The rumblings make it exciting

Already a football fan . . .

Well, how about that? My little one is already a football fan . . . he/she knows how to do the Wave. No joke. Just watch my wife's belly and you'll see for sure. One minute her belly is a nice, round pregnant-like shape, and the next thing you know you see a hand/foot/elbow/knee poke through and move fluidly from one side my wife to another. He/she is pretty packed in there. I can't wait to meet my child. Wondering what he/she will look like. I'll find out in no time. Only 6 more weeks to go (give or take a week or two)!

Time to say goodbye . . .

15 years ago, I was in my parents' backyard (I guess it was my backyard too) mowing the lawn, earning my allowance. Underneath my Dad's work hut, popped out a little black kitten. She looked a bit hungry and I fed her a little milk, which she lapped right up. I had no choice but to keep her, and hesitantly named her Axl. That changed to Cat after I realized "he was a she". And so Cat lived with me most of the time (she stayed with my parents while college -- allergic roommate -- but got her back when I kicked the roommate out) climbing up screens, laying on my chest when I came home from school, begging me to feed her every time I got home, and just providing some great companionship along the way. She has given me some great years and I am happy to pass her along to the next owner. I would love to keep her, but I have a baby coming and do not want to risk the cat interacting with the baby. This was one of the toughest and hardest decisions of my life. She ha